Thursday, September 30, 2010

What floats your boat?

What floats my boat on this rainy Thursday?

*I'll make it clear that "float my boat" is another way of saying what was good about this week just in case there is any confusion.*

Anyways what floats my boat this week?

My sister Vanessa!




So all this week I've been cranky because I've had assignment after assignment after pointless effing assignments. Not only that but its been to freaking hot in the city. Like literally massive amount of water vapor in the air and as we all know I HATE HOT WEATHER! Thus, I'm furious when I get home.

This has caused me to get home and want to take a shower but I can't unless everything is clean and organized down to color coordinating things! When there not organized I get even more furious and unfortunately take it out on other people. Sadly, most of the time I take it out on my little sister Vanessa. I don't actually think I hurt her feelings (okay well maybe once in a while) but I tend to boss her around a lot. Giving her tasks like:
"Help me clean up!" or "The least you can do is play with the Chikis!" or the occasional "You don't help around here so do something "

I've come to notice recently that I tend to act this way on many occasions (perhaps maybe possibly every day) but come to think of it I believe I owe her an apology. Better yet, I owe her a hallmark card. Perhaps the typical "THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY SHIT! I LOVE YOU" card. Oh how I wish they'd make cards like that! In all seriousness even though I may act like an arse towards her I really do love her. I love her like a lot and not just because I have to (well I do have to) but because in some weird warp hole she is me and I am her. Like two inseparable, homogenous, parallel duo.

What really made me come to this realization was on Wednesday when I got home. I opened the door and saw her there with my two little pups and I felt a welcoming sense which is something that I haven't felt in a very long time. I've realized that as much as I enjoy spending time with friends, I most enjoy the valuable time that I spend with her, my real best friend. Someone that no matter what will always be there for me and will always feel what I feel because we understand each other that well. Perhaps it's how we joke around, laugh with each other, know every fact about each other or help each other out in a sticky situation. Maybe it's the fact that we've been through so much together, or the fact that we think like each other. Whatever it is, perhaps everything that I've just mentioned, there is no doubt in my mind that she is one of the most important, if not the most, people that I'm blessed to still have in my life.
Thus, my beautiful sister is what floats my boat this week (well all the time but I've realized it this week)

Anyways that's it. A little bit of an emotional what floats my boat this week but I'll put a humorous one next week don't worry. Unless I talk about my dad then I'll get REALLY emotional but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. Maybe around Christmas time I'll write something else like this. Suggestions? So yeah until next time folks! Peace in the middle east!

Signing off,
Stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment